Aurender Media Manager Manual
What is AMM (Aurender Media Manager)?
The Aurender platform automatically scans music files stored on its internal storage for metadata. This is what allows the user to browse by artist, album, genre, album cover art, etc. However, the Aurender platform CANNOT scan contents from external sources such as a NAS or USB HDD. So, AMM is a solution to scan external content and make it accessible in the app with support for tagged metadata. After you scan your NAS shares and/or a USB storage, you can browse contents by artist, composer, conductor, album title and genre with album covers in the app.
To use AMM with Aurender, your Aurender must be updated to 4.4.58/5.4.58 or later.
- Installing AMM on Window
1. Download AMM from Aurender home page. Please make sure to download the updated version corresponding to your Aurender system software version.
2. If the version of AMM is 1.x, then please remove the current version. Otherwise, you can run setup.exe after unzip the downloaded file.
- Installing AMM on Mac OS X (OS X v10.9 or later is required.)
1. To run AMM, your Mac OS X Mavericks or later.
3. If the version of AMM is 1.x, then please remove the current version. Otherwise, unzip the downloaded file and install the app by moving AMM to the Applications folder or any other folder you want to install.
4. To start AMM for the first time, please select the app and open the context menu and select “Open”. You will be asked to open an app from unidentified developer, then select Yes.
Using AMM to scan NAS shares
1. When you start the app, AMM will display Aurender servers in your network.
2. Select an Aurender from the list to prepare information for your music content on NAS shares or a USB storage.
* If there is only one Aurender, it will be selected by default.
* If you don’t see any Aurender from the list, click the Smart Search button.
3. Click the Back button.
4. To scan NAS folders, please select NAS.
5. Add a shared folder of NAS by pressing Add Share button.
6. You will see a list of NAS and when select a NAS, you will see shared folders. After select a shared folder to connect, please enter User ID and Password to connect the selected shared folder on the NAS.
*If your NAS doesn’t allow browsing shared folders with guest account due to the security issues, you can enter User ID and Password first then select the NAS device again then the shared folder list will be displayed.
7. If you want to add multiple shared folders, repeat step “f”.
8. Click Start Scan button.
* For faster scanning speed, we recommend using a hard-wired Ethernet connection. If your computer is connected to your network via BOTH WiFI and Ethernet, temporarily disable WiFi to make sure AMM can only use wired network.
9. Once scanning is finished, please press Exit button.
10. The Aurender Conductor app will download an updated information.
Using AMM to scan USB storage
1. Connect a USB hard drive storage device to your PC/Mac.
2. Start AMM.
3. Select USB as below:
4. Select a USB storage device to scan from the list.
5. Click Start Scan button.
6. Once scanning is finished, please press Exit button.
7. The Aurender Conductor app will download an updated information.
Options for AMM
|Your changes will be applied after restarting AMM|
● Font size
○ You can change the font size.
● About AurenderMediaManager
○ Can check the version and history.
● Send logs to aurender.com
○ In the event of a problem running AMM, you can send diagnostics to Aurender developers to fix the issue.