Aurender S10 Manual
AC Power Cord
iPad and digital cables are not included.
Optional dongle available for Constellation pre-amplifiers to control volume and source selection through the Aurender App.
Please read the following instructions carefully before setting up the Aurender Music Player.
• Be careful not to drop the device to avoid internal damage.
• Do not disassemble the device.
• Keep magnetic materials away from Aurender to prevent any damage to data.
• Do not expose device to oil, dust, water, high humidity, or smoke.
• Keep ventilation openings free from obstruction.
• When cleaning, use only a soft cloth. Keep out of contact with water or other liquids.
• All servicing must be performed by a qualified representative, or the warranty will be voided.
• Unplug power cord during severe lightning storms or when unused for a long period of time.
• Unplug the device from the outlet only after completely turning off the unit.
• Always turn the power off before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
• Please note that hard drives can break down.
It is important to back up your music collection periodically to a separate memory device. In the event of drive failure, Aurender is not responsible for any loss of data. The drive manufacturer will only replace faulty drives under warranty and do not compensate for any loss of data.
• Place your device on a flat, horizontal, and stable surface.
• Keep away from heat sources, such as radiators.
• Do not stack other products on top of the Aurender.
• Allow space around the device for ventilation.
• Do not place inside an enclosed cabinet.
1. On/Off or Standby Mode
In the default mode, pressing will power the unit on and completely off. In the Standby mode, pressing the front panel button will put the unit into standby, and the unit will turn on instantly. In standby mode, to turn the unit completely off, keep the front panel power button depressed until the button light begins to flash and then release. Flashing will stop when the unit is off. To switch to the Standby mode, go to the Server Menu under Settings of the Aurender App. Scroll to the bottom to find the Standby On/Off button.
2. Display Menu
Press to cycle through 4 display options: Song Information, Blue Level Meter, Brown Level Meter, Playlist. Songs from playlists may be selected using the four buttons on the right side of the front panel display. Use buttons 4 and 5 to scroll between playlists and button 2 to select a playlist. After the playlist is selected, press button 2 again to start playback. Once the playlist is selected, buttons 4 and 5 buttons can be used to select songs within the selected playlist (from App 1.5.09 /System Software 2.0.41 and above). To see the Device Information Display, please keep the button depressed for about three seconds until the display blinks, release the button and wait. The Device Information Display with details about Server name, LAN/Wi-Fi status, IP address, and other details will appear. To return to the normal display, press the button again.
Press to start or stop playback.
4. Play Next
Press once to skip to the next track.
5. Play Previous
Press once to skip to the previous track.
6. AMOLED Display
For display options, please refer to the section on AMOLED Display. The display will automatically dim after being idle for longer than 3 minutes. (from beta App 1.5.09 /System Software 2.0.41 and above).
1. AC Power Switch
Press top to turn on, bottom to turn off. The rear panel power switch should be used to turn off the unit, only after the unit has been turn off completely. Abnormal shutdown or using the rear panel power button while the unit is in standby can cause a message will appear on the display stating that the unit is checking the system.
2. AC Power Socket
Connect this using the AC Power cord to a power source/outlet.
3. AES/EBU XLR Output
To connect to a digital AES/EBU input.
4. Optical Output
To connect to an optical input.
5. Coaxial RCA Output
To connect to a digital coaxial input.
6. USB ports
For copying from external USB memory devices.
7. Gigabit Ethernet Port
To connect to a network and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices. The Aurender is able to stream music from NAS. The ethernet cable to the network router should be connected before turning on the Aurender.
Before connecting audio cables, first check to see that all devices are grounded using grounded plugs and grounded sockets. In addition, all devices should be turned off, before connecting any audio or digital cables. If the devices are not grounded, a voltage potential difference between devices can cause a voltage surge through the audio cable that can weaken and eventually damage sensitive circuits in D/A converters and other devices.